THE BEGINNING OF KNOWLEDGE IS THE DISCOVERY OF SOMETHING WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

Domain Name for My Other Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2011

I was trying to get a domain for my other blog "My Life in Holland". I heard about godaddy.com. Many bloggers get their domain name at godaddy.com. So, I created an account at godaddy.com. I chose mylifeinholland.net for the domain name. I was almost done but I encountered a problem in paying the domain name. I paid it with paypal but still they needed a creditcard. Paypal must be coupled with a creditcard which I do not understand. I do not have any credit card. I thought paypal would be enough.
Does anybody out there who knows an affordable domain where I can pay via Paypal?

7 comments:

Ishmael Fischer Ahab August 5, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Hello Faye. I also encountered the same problem when I bought my domain for my blog. The problem is not with GoDaddy. It is Paypal that demands your credit card account.

Paypal requires their members to verify their account using their credit card or debit card. Since I don't want to have a credit, I chose to verify my account using a debit card. Fortunately, a local bank here in the Philippines has a set-up with Paypal.

So, for you to buy domain in GoDaddy and other sites, I suggest that you verify your Paypal account. Please check Paypal for more info.

Lulu August 6, 2011 at 7:56 AM

Your Paypal might needed to be verified, that's the reason why they're asking for a credit card. if you don't have a credit card, you may use eon card instead.

Lulu August 7, 2011 at 4:36 PM

good eve faye.. thanks for dropping by on my site. On your problem ,well, if your preferring bout the promo code cool1 on your go daddy purchased, you really can't use your paypal account, what i know is that promo is really asking for a credit card. are you using the promo code cool1?

Arvin U. de la Pe├▒a August 9, 2011 at 5:15 PM

i have no idea for this..how are you now..

Mommy Rubz August 12, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Hello Sis! I think your Paypal needs to be verified before you can buy a domain from them. I also use GoDaddy and also Name Cheap. Both uses Paypal too!

Mommy Rubz August 12, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Thanks for replying back. Then try NameCheap! They accept Paypal too!!